"I like SWS because it is...
1. A safe place where you can share your fears and doubts about academia, but most importantly, where you get support to overcome them.
2. A friendly environment where you feel part of a community.
3. A great mentoring praxis without vertical hierarchy.
4. An outstanding networking experience not only among graduate students, but also with established scholars.
5. A place of professional development opportunities through workshops and one-on-one mentorship.
6. A sense of empowerment as a result of becoming part of a progressive and gender-centered organization.
7. A place where good and supportive friends can be made.
8. A place where meetings are not only an opportunity to connect
with colleagues, but most importantly where having fun is possible!!"
-Veronica Montes, Student Representative