The Publications Committee is an elected committee with 6 members elected to the committee and an additional 6 “ex-officio” members (Treasurer, Executive Officer, Networknews Editor, Gender & Society Editor, Bookreview Editor). Two members are elected each year for staggered, three-year terms. The major responsibility of the publications committee is to oversee all publications issued by the organization, including Gender & Society and Network News. The committee’s duties include (but are not limited to):
- Negotiation of a contract with publishers for Gender & Society.
- Appointment of editors for Gender & Society and approval of budgets for the journal.
- Review of proposals for special issues of Gender & Society.
- Appointment of the book review editor of Gender & Society.
- Appointment of the editor of Network News.
- Advising editors as needed
Actions & Activities
The Committee has:
- Negotiated a 7-year contract with Sage Publications for the publication of Gender & Society. The contract included a $150,000 signing bonus for SWS and took effect Jan. 1, 2010.
- Appointed book review editor of Gender & Society: Yasemin Besen-Cassino email@example.com.
- Appointed the editor of Gender & Society who began in 2015: Jo Reger
- Organized a panel on Open Access and Technological Change related to Publication for the 2010 summer meetings in Atlanta.
- 2015 Report
- 2014 Report
- Minutes from the 2013 Winter Meeting
- Gender & Society Style Guide – Guide to submitting an article to Gender & Society.
- Helpful Hints for Reviewers – Tips for peer-reviewing an article for Gender & Society.
- Network News– Our quarterly newsletter
Myra Marx Ferree (2016-2019)
Heather Laube (2016-2019)