Readings for Sister to Sister Workshop:
- Toward a New Vision: Race, Class, and Gender as Categories of Analysis and Connection – Patricia Hill Collins
- Navigating the Academic Terrain: The Racial and Gender Politics of Elusive Belonging – Linda Trinh Vu
The Sister to Sister committee supports networking and mentoring relationships across race/ethnic lines for women within the academy.
Actions & Activities
We offer workshops at the Winter and Summer annual meetings. Recent workshops have focused on ways to make structural changes within SWS to make the organization more inclusive for scholars of color and the needs of junior faculty and graduate students within the organization.
We administer the Chow-Green Women of Color Dissertation Scholarship (established February 2007).
The primary purposes of the Chow-Green WOCDS are:
- To offer support to women scholars who are from underrepresented groups and are studying concerns women of color face domestically and/or internationally.
- To increase the participation of students of color in SWS.
Resources – Articles, Reports, etc.
- Information about the Esther Ngan-ling Chow and Mareyjoyce Green Scholarship is available online and in PDF form. Please direct all scholarship applications and questions to email@example.com.
- The Road to Tenure: Some Advice for Women of Color Junior Faculty (.pdf) resource sheet from Summer 2011.